Why I became a freelancer
The Launceston Freelance Festival freelance competition is designed to acknowledge talented freelancers aged 18 or over.
Entries are to address the topic: Why I became a freelancer
First prize: $750 and exposure for your work.
Runner Up: $300 and exposure for your work
You may enter in one of four ways:
- A written piece of 750 words,
- Up to but no longer than a three-minute video,
- Up to but no longer than a three-minute audio
- An interactive media piece combining all of the above (word limit optional)
Entries close at 11.59pm, Sunday, 18 March, 2018
- Entries open at 9 a.m on January 17. Entries close at 11.59pm on Sunday, 18 March 2018
- Entries will be accepted on the topic ‘Why I became a freelancer’
- You may enter a piece for each category —whether it be interactive, video, audio, or written form— but only one entry is allowed per category.
- Written entries must be 750 words long and entries longer or shorter than this will be disqualified
- Video entries must be no longer than three-minutes and will be disqualified if any longer
- Audio entries must be no longer than three-minutes and will be disqualified if any longer
- Entries must be stand-alone pieces
- The entry must be an original work by the entrant and written or spoken in English
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over as of the closing date, and be residents of Australia.
- Written entries must be neatly typed and double-spaced.
- Video and audio entries to be delivered via a secure platform
- Please do not include your name anywhere on the submission, whether you have submitted it in writing or in video, interactive or audio format
- Entrants must submit their entries by using the online entry form. Complete one form per entry. Entries submitted without the completed entry form will not be processed.
- Entries must be received by 11.59pm. (AEST) on Sunday, 18 March, 2018; Late entries will not be accepted. The Launceston Freelance Festival takes no responsibility for lost or delayed entries.
- Written submissions should be sent as an email attachment (see below) and interactive pieces submitted as a link.
- Audio and Video submissions to be sent via Dropbox or WeTransfer or similar service with the link sent to the following email address.
Entries close at 11.59pm Sunday, 18 March, 2018
Up to 3 mins
Up to 3 mins